Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This piece of installation art is a crack in the floor of the Tate Modern museum. It was created by Doris Salcedo and I found it extremely emotional. It can mean so many things to so many different people, that is why I like it so much. It is up for interpretation even tho Doris has her own view on her piece. I also liked the fact that the scar of the crack will always be on the floor of Turbine Hall, because even when its gone it still has artistic significance.

I went to see the gates in central park when they were installed. I was in middle school, so I was still young, but it didnt change the effect it had on me. I thought it was so beautiful and breath taking. When I went the park was very quiet and the wind was blowing and there was a tranquility about the whole area. Walking through the park was a completely different experience with the gates, and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment