Sunday, November 28, 2010

Denver Art Museum

Over Thanksgiving break I went to the Denver Art Museum. The museum contained mostly contemporary and modern art. I was interested in how they immediately instructed me and my mom a specific way to walk through the museum. The people that worked there told us to start on the 6th floor and work our way down to the 1st floor. It was interesting going through the building and observing the different artwork. One that stood out to me most was a disturbing porcelain doll sculpture in a crib that looked evil and had ripped up toys surrounding it. It was supposed to demonstrate how it was tough and had steel wool hair, yet it was fragile due to it being porcelain. The other pieces were very odd, but interesting to look at. They made me stand there for periods of time just trying to figure what they were about. I enjoyed my visit to the Denver Art Museum because it gave me an up close and personal view of contemporary and modern art that we have been learning about this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment